Thursday, June 14, 2012

Life is Short #432

A little drop in an infinite pond = my life.

On the floor of my closet I have a plastic box with my husband's ashes in it.

Here today... then in a box on the floor of someone's closet. My hope is that I don't accidentally put it in with the Goodwill donations....see? Can't do serious.

And so I am unable to give much weight to anything I do. Maybe that deprives me of purpose, but I have adopted this slogan as my purpose - I am here to bring what beauty I can to the world, while I am here.

Many people are more comfortable working with a net, and I believe that they bring their own beauty in that manner.

I ... just can't. So, if others need me to be serious, I ... well, I guess I 'feign' it. No good can come of proselytizing my own brand of nihilistic nonsense.

If you find wonder in the world, I say you find it because it's in you - a bit trite, but it takes one to know one. And by that I mean that the wonder that is you recognizes, responds to, the other wonders that, yes, are all around. It's no less a miracle for being brief or even 'commonplace'.

No comments:

Post a Comment